Turbo Weber Dgav 32/36

springersrolla

Gday lads, i've been searching high and low on forums for straight information, and as per usual the internet stirs the pot with whats works for one or another,

I'm doing a turbo 3tc with a t04e and have a dgav 32/36 weber with k&n blower hat. As far as i have gotten so far is to pinch some jets out of a weber 34adm from a xe falcon, and combined with my jets i picked up in my weber. I have researched what is adequate to run a 3t standard for the primary barrel.

I have research ozgemini for a good guidance forum with pictures, and 3tcgarage has given me tips on jetting to start to work by and what to get the car going(N/A).

My problem is that i havent had this carb running this engine in this car yet. And i'm bolting a turbo on to it and feeding boost straight away.

What i'm under the assumption of at the moment is to...

Purchase a plastic float as opposed to brass

Copper spray all gaskets

Run a RRFPR to suit Carb application

Run a VL efi 070 bosch pump on the return line??

Run semi-standard or normal jets to suit the primary barrel, and then step up the fuel for my secondary barrel.

Run a 8mm fuel line to carb, and use the original 6mm fuel line as a return to the tank.

As for everything else, I'm sorta stuck. i will pick up a plastic float this week, and working on my intake/intercooler/exhaust setup. I will be picking up a wideband setup also, but mainly just chasing info on what i need/should be looking for to do to my weber to get it boost ready

Any help would be ʞ©$ɟing amazing

Thanks guys

Members dont see this ad

Seeing as you're running blow through you'll also need some sort of blow off valve for when the throttle plates shut to relieve excess pressure.

I've not heard of a fuel pump on the return line. I'd say that's probably wrong. If you need something to evacuate fuel then something is majorly wrong somewhere. Jetting could be anything, factor in decent resources for tuning.

BOV will be another definate addition to the setup, ive looked in to it and the return line is plumbed off the fuel pressure regulator back to the tank/surge.

Thinking of going external surge tank but then thinking of running a line straight into the fuel tank.

Has anyone had success boosting a weber and what tips do they have? i will update my build forum in a few days and hopefully make some more progress.

Any knowlegde will be awesome

Thanks