ronco

Members dont see this ad

It depends how old a car you're looking for. KE70's are the last of the 'classical' era, and you can still get parts by the bucketload for them.

You'll also find that lots of bits interchange between many Toyotas, so if you're wise you'll never really have that sort of problem.

It depends on the bits you'd be looking for, anyway. Old Corollas run K engines, some run T and A but they're much rarer. If it's engine parts you're after you'll never find a shortage of 4K componentry. The same can be said about 4A, but not so much 2T. 4Ks are as reliable as the sun, so as long as you don't go to town on them with mods, and you service it regularly, it'll last forever practically.

As for panelwork, I've heard there's a company or two in the far corners of internetland that make panels for the old girls, but they've had problems with fitment. In any case, all the panels (minus bumpers) are steel so if you do need work done all you need is a grinder, welder, bog, paint, and a lot of patience.

Suspension is a piece of piss for KE70s (can't say much about the even earlier Rollas because I don't have one of those sitting in my carport). Upgrades include XT130 Corona, AE86, S13, and I'm sure there are others. Don't know much about Coronas, but apparently there's cutting & welding of strut tubes involved. Aftermarket companies make AE86 and S13 suspension and they're common as all buggery, so you can pick a set up pretty cheaply and easily. I have AE86 suspension front & rear, and it's a direct bolt-in job (if you have AE86 rotors, calipers, brackets, steering arms etc. to go with them), and a great upgrade. Not sure about what needs to be done to fit S13 gear.

You can find interior bits here and there, but a lot of that you can fix up or fabricate yourself.

Hope this helps.