January 24, 201313 yr comment_644952 my r31diff in my ke70 is vibrating a bit when driving. I'm thinking its the diff pinion angle so i have bought some adjustable trailing arms to fix this. Anyone know what angle to set it at? and how to get it to that exact angle? Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_644964 If you took the driveshaft off you could measure how far off vertical the diff pinion face is with a spirit level. I'd make sure the driveshaft joints are all good and the shaft is balanced before tackling the diff angle, unless it is way out compared to an R31. If you get measurements you might convince me to measure my R31 Pintara and my KE70 in the same way, so you have a comparison. Report
January 25, 201313 yr comment_645065 pinion should point down 5 degrees, but that is for traction purposes. A tailshaft will wobble the most if it is lined up perfectly, you need a little bit of offset in any direction for it work properly. Having said that, as altezza said, its unlikely that is the problem. check your uni joints, if there is ten thousands of a mm free play in any of them they need to be changed. Report
January 27, 201313 yr Author comment_645216 yeah ok ill try that, thanks guys. I'm getting a 1 piece tailshaft made up. I have to set the angle first, then get a measurement for them to make it to. I only get one chance at this Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now