Troubleshooting Ideas

Tazrolla

I have just put another 4age engine into my ae82 and it purred like a kitten for a frw weeks however the battery i had in it was farked and (don't ask me why) but i tryed starting it quite a few times on the farked batt, i have since tryed the batt out of another car(fully charged and in good working order) and now the rolla work start via the key... It will start when i roll start her but it runs poorly and i have noticed that the tacho(in dash one) behaves weirdly(shows less revs when i rev it) it also when engine is stoped and i go to start her i have noticed that the engine light and oil light are dim as i turn keto pre start position... I am thinking i might have damaged the ecu from trying to s atart her with a farked batt... Any ideas ??? Maybe a bad connection or a fuse or am i right with the ecu?

Members dont see this ad

i can put the multimeter on it but i don't think that would be the prob as the good batt that i put in there was outa my every day driver with hi cca batt outa a volvo 760 ... And.that batt has no probs turning over a v6 (taken straight out of volvo and into rolla and wont turn it over... I have thought might he starter but the fact that the starting prob started at same time as tacho and running issuses started at same time

I sould also note that the old rolla batt was farked long before the ned engine went in as i used to use it for the electric motor on my boat when the rolla was off road with old farked engine in it( bout 6-8months) the rolla didnt killed old batt... I did;)