New Member, Ireland

KE30Pete

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys, thanks for the kind comments. :rocknroll:

I like the wheels, i'd just like to have them a little wider- over on this side of the world every old ford has these wheels on it, so i'd like a set that are a bit different. The old fords are pretty common. :yak:

It's pretty clean, a little spot of rust on the back drivers arch and a spot just behind the front passenger side wheel, thats pretty good for a car form over here.

I think i'm the 4th owner of the car from new, its a 78, was originally an automatic 1.2 3K, but now has a 1.3 4K with twin 40 Dellortos big cam and a 5 speed manual box.

I've a set of 40 Webbers too, does anyone know if these engines run better on Webbers or Dellortos? Or does it not really make any difference?

Its running the standard 3/4k exhaust manifold so i'm currently trying to make a stainless exhaust manifold and pipe to help the carbs and cam work better. I couldn't find any for sale over here so have to make one, 6meters of stainless pipe got today so hopefully start to bend it this weekend, going to make the flanges tomorrow.

It already has a Janspeed back box so i'm sorted there.

After the exhaust the plans are to get it MOT'ed and use it if we get any decent weather this summer, :rolla:

I really want to lower it so I'm on the look out for ae86 front struts and the rest of the bits needed to make some coilovers from, I can't see it being a problem as there are loads of ae86's here. Need to do more reading tho, not 100% on how to go about making them yet.

Talk soon.

:greenbounce: