More 5K Problems Still No Start! Help!!

Ok so my dizzy timimg is now 100% correct. I have spark on every cylinder the carby works as it should.

The car cranks a bit slow then builds up (I believe that's the hydro lifters) I remember the cam timing is 100%.

What am I missing??!!? Pulling my hair out here and i need it started ASAP!!

Members dont see this ad

Even with the cam timing out a tooth it should still start. Then you only need compression, spark, timing, and carb working to get it running. Which are you missing??

You have 150psi compression that you have checked??

Can you see fuel squirting down the carb from the accelerator jet when you open the throttle??

You have seen the timing mark flash on 10deg with a timing light?

You have seen the spark in a plug lying on the motor while you crank it??

Stick you hand flat over the carb for three seconds while someone cranks it then take it off and see what happens. They should have the throttle wide open...

OK the timing mark hasn't flashed at all (no timing light!) but is set in an area where it should fire (0) i set the last 5k i built (for a mate) to 10 but it just ran like a bucket up high so we went back to 5 and it worked alot better!

haven't checked compression. but it has new rings installed 100% correctly so i doubt that's the issue (sorry to be cocky)

i checked them with ignition on and spinning the dizzy.

ill try and do the hand choking method tomorrow and will get back to you on all of this.