Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Removing Ae101 Sedan Tail Lights

Featured Replies

Howdy all.

 

A friend has a blown tail light on their AE101 sedan, we are trying to get the light out to replace and I'm struggling with the 2 clips on the inside (have undone the 3 bolts).

 

Is there any trick to them or just use brut force??

Do you mean the bullet clips that hold the light into the body of the car? If so, then you just need brute force, make sure you're pulling/pushing the light directly away from the car (ie straight back), not to the sides, otherwise they can bend and snap. Once you get them off the first time it makes subsequent efforts much easier (both from learning and from the clips coming out easier). Another option is maybe giving the studs inside the boot a bit of a love tap, but nothing too hard as you don't want to crack the plastic rear housing (if the clips bend/break then the studs and nuts are the only thing holding the light in)

  • Author

Thanks Ian. These are on the side of the wrap around light (but inside the boot), bolts are all out and light wants to fall out except for these 2 square clips (they have 2 tabs on them but don't seem to push in no matter how hard you press them).

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

  • Author

Hmm that's different... I may have the model wrong.

This one has 2 bolts on the outside (under bootlid) and one on the inside, then 2 black square lugs from the side of the light.

Nah it'll be the same (as long as it's a sedan), I've got an AE102R too (that picture is off an overseas one as it has seperate tail and brake lights rather than our combined ones, just means the wiring is a little different and one globe holder is blanked off on ours)

 

Pictures would tell a thousand words, I'll have a look at mine when I leave work (carpet is always pulled away on my passenger side as I need it to get to the petrol flap butterfly)

  • Author

All sorted, thanks!!

 

I was trying to pull out the locaters that stay on the body. Once I had a look at your pic I figured I need to pull straight out and those pins pop out. All exactly the same as that pic.

 

Thanks again, big help.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.