Ke11 C Pillars

i have a ke11 i havent touched since i bought, needs body work, as far as my experience and lack of knowledge on these cars i believe the c pillar runs some sort of air vents. i can see quick body work there(60 grit scratches/bog sounds when tapped)

question is by the photos ive seen of both 10/11 what is supposed to be there, and if i bring the car back to scratch and respray is this c pillar area going to be a indication of bad body work/rust/ poor prep as opposed to having what i should have there? ive seen heaps of different photos but still can't determine whether its sposed to be chrome or standard body colour slits or grill?.. and photos....

any help would be great as i can determine whether to cut and start again or not. cheers

Members dont see this ad

Ke11's came with the pillar vents, ke10's didn't. There is some conjecture whether the KE10-B came with them though.

So check your vin plate, if it's defintely an 11 then it should have them and they've been bogged up. You could try 'reclaim' them but you will have a hard time I reckon. it you're stripping it and want to do it properly, I would suggest you cut and weld in some patch plates.

My 1969 ke10-B had them but I welded them over as they were rusted out.

If you pealed the roof lining back on the inside you would be able to see the inside of the pillar

and see if they've been welded or bogged. As Tom said above, if it is a ke11 they are supposed

to be there.

The vents themselves are plastic and I think they're painted black from factory??