97 Toyota Seca

Jess42

Members dont see this ad

4AFE/7AFE? CSi/Conquest/CSX/RV?

These cars respond quite well to the standard handling mods - lowered springs and shocks, swaybars etc, plus some better rubber (don't go too big on wheels - 17s might look good but you sacrifice a fair bit of ride comfort). Engine-wise there isn't too much to do that'll give you big improvements apart from a turbo kit (which is a bit of work) or a full engine conversion. Body-wise there aren't many kits out there that look better than a squashed turd, the AE10x is an orphan in the aftermarket. Best bet is to keep it neat, tidy, and maybe bling it up a bit with some JDM extras (the one thing that there is tonnes of stuff out there for)

Thanks heaps! I actually have 17's on her at the moment. Tinting the windows and painting around the windows black ( hope that makes sense) but that's all I could think of. I'm absolutely in live with it. And have a races a few other 4 cylinders and smoked them. ;)

CSi will mean it's the base-model 4AFE, as well as drum-brake rear end. Upgrading the rear to discs is an option then, but unless you're doing a lot of hard driving you probably wouldn't notice it

And yes I totally understand blacking out the window surrounds :P I need to do mine soon, no idea why Toyota in their infinite wisdom decided to body-colour them (the top-spec models like the RV and Ultima had black ones though). Makes the car look a whole lot better.

If I had to sum up the best style for the AE10x, it would be subtle. The shape and stance of the car lends itself very well to subtle mods like colour-coding, lowering and maybe a slightly more agressive front bumper (I recommend the JDM FXGT front end, like I have) and a small rear spoiler.

For reference, this is mine ('97 Conquest sedan)

DSC_0029_zps474be1a0.jpg

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/7785-hiros-ae102/

Edited by Hiro Protagonist