Twin 40 Solex's

clean55

Hey guys,

just needed some advice and knowledge from the world of the wise rolla guru's.. I just finished converting my 4k to Twin solex 40's and it runs... barely... now i know they will need a tune and balance and the engine still needs to be re timed. (to 8 degrees right?)... BUT the carbs were off a 2tc 1600cc and have a 32mm choke, unsure about rest of jets but going from the solex website jetting chart they should also be running a 140 for the main jet. I'm fairly certain this is the smallest size jet you can go for solex's but really, I'm just after some advice experience and knowledge about what i should be doing once timed, balanced and tuned..

thankyou guys will follow post with anticipation.

Members dont see this ad

32mm chokes for a 4K are way too big. Unless it's a full race motor and you don't care about nice acceleration I reckon you'll have a hard time tuning it to ever run nicely. Off the top of my head 140 is too big too. Best start with the yellowpages and find a carb guy that will do Solex's. You might have to search for a while though! These guys seem to be the place to go for keeping these carbs alive and for parts. They may be able to offer advice:

http://www.rmcarburetors.net/

• 2 weeks later...