4A Bellhousing To 20 Spline T50 And Clutch Slip Help Plz

crunk81us

Ok so I have put into my ke20 a smallport 4age with t50 20 spline..

my build thread : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/60867-another-4age-ke20/page__hl__%20another%20%204age

I have 2 issues one which i think i have found the answer to.

1. i have an issue with oil leaking between the bellhousing and box. (i have found that i need a spacer ring on the input bearing.. will this be causing the box to move on the bh and leak oil?)

2. clutch slip. I have an almost new exedy clutch in there and afaik i have standard smallport hp. It slips really bad. could the spacer ring i didnt know about be causing this issue as well?

any advice greatly appreciated, i don't want to keep pulling it apart.. if i need a hd clutch i would rather get it now before i drop the box again.. (5th time for oil leak)

Members dont see this ad

Without the spacer, inputshaft and bearing will be able to move in bellh. and oilseal in bellhousing

will leak oil and contaminate the clutch. Gearbox wont last long. Get a spacer (68x62x10mm from memory) made and

renew the oilseal. Also make sure there`s a guide bearing in the end of the crankshaft

Your clutch can probably be saved by washing with a strong degreaser like brakecleaner.

Edited by tojo2