Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Bellhousing To 20 Spline T50 And Clutch Slip Help Plz

Featured Replies

Ok so I have put into my ke20 a smallport 4age with t50 20 spline..

 

my build thread : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/60867-another-4age-ke20/page__hl__%20another%20%204age

 

I have 2 issues one which i think i have found the answer to.

 

1. i have an issue with oil leaking between the bellhousing and box. (i have found that i need a spacer ring on the input bearing.. will this be causing the box to move on the bh and leak oil?)

 

2. clutch slip. I have an almost new exedy clutch in there and afaik i have standard smallport hp. It slips really bad. could the spacer ring i didnt know about be causing this issue as well?

 

any advice greatly appreciated, i don't want to keep pulling it apart.. if i need a hd clutch i would rather get it now before i drop the box again.. (5th time for oil leak)

  • Author

Engine is dry as a bone. No leaks anywhere. I think I'm going to order one of those new hd clutch and lightweight flywheel kits..

Without the spacer, inputshaft and bearing will be able to move in bellh. and oilseal in bellhousing

 

will leak oil and contaminate the clutch. Gearbox wont last long. Get a spacer (68x62x10mm from memory) made and

 

renew the oilseal. Also make sure there`s a guide bearing in the end of the crankshaft

 

Your clutch can probably be saved by washing with a strong degreaser like brakecleaner.

Edited by tojo2

  • Author

Cheers, I found a diagram for the spacer, it's being made.. I got the spigot bearing in. . Will pull box soon and check out the clutch

  • Author

Double post.

Edited by crunk81us

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.