16V Smallport Limiter Problem

Jossy

I've put a 16v smallport in my AE71 and for some strange reason the limiter is not there anymore? It used to limit at 7700 rpm which i think is standard for a smallport but now will rev to 8000 rpm and still not hit the limiter, ive only done this a couple of times as i don't want to hurt the engine at all, but just don't know why it isnt there anymore? Its completely standard with standard computer only mods are extractors and pod filter, any help is appreciated!

Members dont see this ad

you sure of the specs of the engine mate?

me i used to think all the time that my 4efte would rev up to 7200 max, but now ive read rumours that it may rev up to jeez 7500rpm so now its got me wonder..

i don't get why the rev limiter would not be there it must be secured electronics

if engine runs good then i guess computer knows what rpm its running.. very strange to me that it would let it this happen

are you using an aftermarket rpm gauge?

Yeah that is strange, yeah the engine seems to be running well, I'm not running any aftermarket rpm gauge just the standard AE71 Tacho, maybe it could be out? I have a spare stock computer, do you think it is safe to swap to that one and see if it makes any difference?