Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1971 Vw Type 3 Squareback

Featured Replies

Howdy all

 

I have decided to get serious about selling my much loved square.

 

It was hardly getting driven before our bub arrived, and I am pretty certain it's going to get driven even less since she is with us now, so I would like to see if there is any one who might want to take her on and breathe new life into her.

 

Details as I know them;

 

*Registered as a 1971 Type 3 Squareback - currently on non-transferable club rego with the Toyota Car Club.

*Awesome shade of yellow

*Stock twin carb 1600 engine

*Lowered, and had newish KYB shocks in it when I bought it.

*BRM style 4 spoke rims, white wall flappers. Front tyres near new, rear tyres probably need replacing depending on your RWC bloke.

*SCAT t-bar shifter - makes for really good positive gear shifts

*Previous owner put a new set of charcoal carpets through her a few years back - they were LHD carpets so its not perfect around the pedals

*Has grey vinyl lowback front seats - the rear seat is standard late type 3 in black vinyl

*Flat 4 roof rack - timbers need restaining and one or two are warped and need replacing

*Early Type 3 front and rear bumpers fitted with overriders etc. I think they are Flat 4 repro's as well from memory. The chrome on both front and rear bumpers has some patina going on, they are not perfect.

*All red USA spec rear tail lights and clear front indicator lenses

*Venetians in all 5 rear windows

*Mesh sunvisor, chrome front window rain guards, chrome eyelids and cool yellow fog lights (not actually connected) complete the package

*Done very few km's in the last few years and has had plenty of money spent on getting the front end sorted (balljoints and steering damper done recently) and also having the carbs rebuilt most recently. Truth be told its probably been over serviced.

 

Trying to be completely honest about her, the following are probably the biggest issues with her:

 

* Despite carb rebuilds and tuning 6 months ago, it is doing it's cough and splutter trick again. Someone who knows what they are doing can probably sort this quickly and easily! I haven't managed to get time to take it to a mechanic for a tune and investigation(Edit - Removed mention of rough running - repairing a broken wire to the RH fuel cut-off solenoid has fixed her up and she is driving a treat again)

* Rust is the enemy of the Type 3, and this one is no exception. The worst is around the plenum and around the brake master cylinder whoch are both pretty ugly, but also very normal for a late square. It also has small bubbles in the standard T3 places - top rear corners of the front guards, some in the rear roof, some in the front edge of the bonnet and one lower rear quarter appears to have some cracked bog in it. Floorpans are also not perfect with some pinholes thanks to water leaks associated with the plenum.

* Heaters not connected. This was due to originally having extractors. Exhaust is now standard and I believe there isn't much work in getting it all installed from where its at now. As a side note I still own the stainless extractors and exhaust so that will come with it.

* Gearbox is pretty damned noisy - a spare gearbox came with it when I bought it, and you can have that if you want it. It has been sitting outside under some plastic so may not be flash at this point in time.

 

In all its a gorgeous looking fun classic cruiser. It gets so much attention on the road it is unbelievable. She even won the "Shannons Choice" award at jambo this year which surprised the shit out of me.

 

Price - $8,000 ono. Honestly hard to put a price on it as I am far too emotionally attached to her, but I think this is probably fair given everything she comes with. Happy to include the few spares I have and a couple of eskies at this price too.

 

If someone wanted to do a swap on an extremely clean 4AGE powered AE71 or AE86 I would also be interested in having that discussion - though not expecting the equation will work out 1:1 - nor do I expect the owners of those cars to want this!!

 

Recent photos that probably flatter her some what!

Mp_Vvk_CM.jpg

 

59786_501276316600234_1377659037_n.jpg

 

Lots more photos here:

 

https://picasaweb.google.com/113432889999220868273/VeronicaTheType3Squareback

 

Contact Details:

Adam Laws

[email protected]

0413 001 666

 

Car is in Eltham North, Victoria, if you want to come for a look.

Edited by silverra23

If only!! Swap for the starlet Adam?

 

Oh, your Picasa link doesnt work properly either

Edited by StuC

  • Author

That is a very tempting offer young Stu!! I keep looking at your Starlet photos and drooling.

 

I would be getting a much better deal out of that than you though... and its a shame the Starlet is too new for club rego... I really would get shot for bring a car home that needs full rego.

 

I better pass. But damn. Don't tempt a man like that :)

Hahah, no worries dude. Good luck with the sale. She looks fantastic and I'm sure will go quickly

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.