Soon To Be Owner Questions

Sl1mShaky

So I'm looking to get an ae86 and it will be my first. I have been trying to do the usual research to see my options which seem to be pretty open which I'm excited about. However the car I'm looking to purchase is an 85 and has a carbed twin cam which looks to be a 4ag but I can't seem to find info on stock carbed 4ags only 4acs. Is this a conversion or was it a rare stock option?

Edited by Sl1mShaky

Members dont see this ad

The 4A-GE engine is fuel injected, there was never a carburetor-version of the GE (the E in the engine code standing for Electronic Fuel Injection). If the Twin-Cam engine is fitted with a carb, that has been converted by an owner somewhere along the line.

Have a quick read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86

Edited by carbonboy

Well alrighty then this car is going to be more interesting than I expected. Can't wait to see this thing. If I can get it I'll put up a video for everyone and I'll have to start a new build thread for it! Anyone know where I can get a good set of used side drafts!? Or maybe keep it interesting and run twin down drafts?? Anyone know where to get manifolds from?