I Have A Twin Carb, But What Is It?

1dirty30

Members dont see this ad

Maybe a few hack-sawed slits half way into the turned down edge of the filter base plate, so you can open it up the diameter a bit? Enough to get it over then screw it down.

Or what about a short - like 10mm - piece of rubber hose or o-ring the same internal diameter as the outside of the carb/base plate the you can sit on the carb and sit the base plate in. If such a perfectly sized thing existed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Or what about a short - like 10mm - piece of rubber hose or o-ring the same internal diameter as the outside of the carb/base plate the you can sit on the carb and sit the base plate in. If such a perfectly sized thing existed.

Good the pliers worked, mine sits a tad low so I did the "o-ring". Perfectly sized by using vacuum line cut to size with a small piece of plastic inserted to hold the ends together.

Aha! I keep looking and thinking something is not right with the linkage...over here, we have a simple throttle linkage because it comes straight from the firewall...and a complex 2 pulley clutch cable. Ya'll get a simple clutch cable, but a complex throttle linkage due to that LH RH thing....

• Upvote 1