Engine Swap...

AE93_Seca

hi, new here so forgive me if this has been covered! ive just read up about engine swap laws in qld but still have a few questions... i have a AE93 corolla seca, bought it cheap as about 2 years ago, my wife drove it and its a great little car and has now become my daily, ive lowered it, removed the ac system-damaged in an accident, and today fixed (partly) an exhaust leak... now the real question! the mechanic next to my work has a 2002 corolla with a blown motor and apparently good 5 speed box, hes willing to part with it for around $300, itll need a rebuild which is fine-dad is a mechanic so help isnt a real worry, but I'm wondering if this engine the 1.8 5 speed will go into my ae93 auto... ill put in the new computer, pedals, motor, gearbox, brakes-basically the whole lot-i like the shape of my 93 its grown on me! so I'm wondering so as long as i upgrade the brakes and use the driveline of the newer car i should be good so far as the new laws go right? any help/advice would be massively appreciated-also would the mounts fit or will i need new ones or ones made up? cheers!

Members dont see this ad