Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Techno Toy Tuning Suspension Ke30

Featured Replies

I havent personally used them and I wouldnt. It is a cheap alloy sleeve with a 'ground control' collar that you weld on that the sleeve sits on. So the actual threaded sleeve isnt actually attached to the strut. it is held in place by welding the lower collar on at a point that makes the sleeve sit slightly proud of the top of the strut and the gland nut screws down and clamps it in place.

 

You can buy similar cheap kits off eBay for $100.

 

EDIT: I think they use a grub nut to lock the adjusting ring too, instead of two ring tightened against each other.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

  • Author

Cheers mate, I was thinking they may be something along those lines but thought I'd ask Just in case.

don't get me wrong they probably work fine, plenty of people use them. Personally I'd want all my shit welded solid which is why I used an HSD kit. Converting your stock struts is gonna limit your shock availability also. A strut upgrade would be my first point of call. AE86 is an easy bolt in option.

  • Author

Cool so if you don't mind what have you used (complete front setup) and how does it work?? 5 stars or is there some areas for improvement.

  • Author

I have been hearing a lot of people asking the question about putting AE86 adjustable coilovers into the KE30, however there has been no direct answers.

 

CAN YOU USE AE86 ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS IN THE KE30????

 

and if so what do you need to complete the conversion??

 

Cheers

Thanks for your help.

i used a fortune auto set I'm my e30 recently, you just cut off the original strut tube a few inches from the bottom and a steel sleeve slips over the old tube and weld it on at the base. very happy with the quality and only $750 landed complete with camber tops.

they make them in heaps of sizes so probably have something to fit a ke30

 

there is a trader on toymods that i got them through Manon Racing Products in New Zealand, he is the Australian dealer.

  • Author

Cheers thanks Filfrederick I will check them out.

  • Author

i used a fortune auto set I'm my e30 recently, you just cut off the original strut tube a few inches from the bottom and a steel sleeve slips over the old tube and weld it on at the base. very happy with the quality and only $750 landed complete with camber tops.

they make them in heaps of sizes so probably have something to fit a ke30

 

there is a trader on toymods that i got them through Manon Racing Products in New Zealand, he is the Australian dealer.

 

I contacted MRP in NZ and they said they could build me a set of fronts to my specs that, as you said, just need to be welded to the original strut tube for $900 delivered. I am reading some reviews on the Fortune auto 500s and they seem to be solid (from what I have been reading), so this may be a way to move forward. If anyone also has some experience with the Fortune Auto 500s I would appreciate some feedback on them (including what spring rates for the front of a mainly street car, occasional track and strip).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.