Buying Ae86

boxy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have any problem with the people or the cars :hmm: I'm just finding it ridiculous at some people amount to spend on a stock one :D

also, it was like a joke.. notice the :)

:lolcry:

:(

;)

btw my smiles anrt working wtf?

wats with the big.hed?

u'd need to reprogram your ecu or get an aftermarket one. all the affilations with a turbo, ie oil + water lines, manifold etc

check toymods, they may have something in the faq or have a search around, theres alot of guys with 4agtes on there

Hey! Don't knock Inishiar D! It makes me laugh.

Aside from that though, amen brothers, that tak tax is bullshit. Someone mentioned $3K for a stock AE86??? Try $7K and up!!! can't these people realise that if they bought an MX-5 they'd have a faster car that chicks would actually want to ride in?

The wannabes should leave the 'rollas for the faithful, aka us.

Hehe...I wonder if they get all confused and cry when they buy theirs and realise that its not revving to 11000 like it does in the cartoon?

Edited by Corolla Test Pilot

fair call jason :P

as far as turboing a gze get a map version motor as its easier to work with. All you need is the turbo, manifold, fmic & associated oil & water lines

you don't need an aftermarket ecu if you don't want...the stocko is quite capable of handling 1 bar. I'm usuing the standard comp with a malpassi to compensate but i will be going standalone shortly as it chews fuel like a bitch. Theres a relatively new ecu on the market called Adaptronic...it was developed on the 16v & 20v 4ages and is a good option for under 1k.

as far as the comparison between bigport & smallport go general consensus seems to lean towards a bigport head if you're chasing high hp but the design & flow characteristics of the smallport head are 'better' so to speak

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2568

theres a bit of discusssion as to which models came came with what goodies

baiscally to get you up and running get yourself a manifold, turbo, fmic, oil & water lines & malpassi. plumb back your bov to make it legit & put it on the dyno to get your afr's right usuing your rising rate malpassi & away you go