2tgeu Into Panel Van

big dave

CAR. 1983 ae71 panel van not yet completed

MOTOR. 4ac, head work done, no exsaust, messy look wireing {latest thing out of japan} and a performange batery that falls over if you go to fast. oh and a gear box that jams in 4th.

INTERIOR. home made carpet thru the whole thing. looks good though, sports seats out of daihatsu turbo. custom roof lining, sports pedals, 5'' tacho with shift light {ebay $35 and it acualy works} more mods to come one day

thanks to bunings stuffing up with the carpet the chick gave me the rest of the roll insted of the cut off not bad 8 meters of carpet for $25.

EXTERIOR. it was origonaly whight but came across a tin of green and it all started. as you can see not to advanced in the rest of the interior though, not 100% sure on the rims yet want to go for a street cruser cross rally car style {any sujestions} and the flames on the back window they have been there from the start and i love them

NEW MOTOR. this is a 2tgeu with yamaha head, twin solexes, 5 speed and extractors. the motor was in a mates rally car for 3 races and i can tell you it is bullet proof.

the carbs have been profeshonaly set up for the motor and has had head work done.

all up it has cost me very litle and looks good i think. not bad considering i am only in year 11, i am proud of it so far.

could some one tell me if i could get it road worthyed with the 2tg with out doing any thing or would i be beter to put it in later on.

other101.jpg GREEN!

ballaratdrags019.jpg

this is what she was like when i first got it

838c78eb.jpg

38787475.jpg

Edited by big dave

Members dont see this ad

I know once upon a time newbies couldn't upload attachments, but I think it might have changed since... Just above (or below, i forget) the box in the Add Reply section there is a attachment option, choose your picture, upload it, once thats loaded, do the next one... If that all fails, www.photobucket.com... start your own account and go from there...

Or send them to my email [email protected] and I will sort it all out for you :), since I'm such a nice bloke.

By the way, Admin will remove three of those topics... I would, but I haven't got the privileges.

Dan.

not to sure on if this motor will go straight in and if it would pass a road worthy :lolcry:

i could always leave the 4a in it then put the 2tg in later :)

what would some good mods be for this motor and cost

Edited by big dave

nice stand :lolcry:

yes it was only going to be basic but 5 or 6 cans later it starled to get biger and biger i was going to use old sign posts but when i came across some lengths of 150x50 and 100x100 dad was useing to extend the verander i decided to use it DADS NOT TO HAPPY THOUGH!! :)

Mmmm, 2TG. Make great boat anchors , too. Have one my self.

Can tell you through first hand experience that those extractors are going to give you lots of top end and a frustrating lack of torque down low.

Which head does it have on it?

Mmmm, 2TG. Make great boat anchors , too. Have one my self.

it has the yamaha head

apart from throwing it overboard what advice do you have for me!

what would you do if you were me [note. i have all the parts neaded and don't want to spend a whole lot on it.] :)

There's actually about three or four heads for them. Appartently the one to get is the one thats part number ends in 88260.

Put it in for now, and see what you think. Personally I would change the extractors to a long set of 4-2-1's (which I've done on mine, I lost some top end, but mid range is ALOT better.). The only other thing I ould put on the "to Do" list would be to find some Webers or Dellortos. Solexs aren't really the shit at all, and can create problems.

I will also admit I'm also on a learning curve with mine too.

Good Luck!

R

There's actually about three or four heads for them. Appartently the one to get is the one thats part number ends in 88260.

thanks for the info

i think that is what my head is. i was in the car this motor was in befor it was taken out and we went 4 a drive up the main street of ballarat {only had club permit} and it and it blew the doors off 2 or 3 older holdens {wankers} it might have had something to do with the diff however it did not seme to be limeted by the exsaust, but i will take your advice into concieration thoug.

:) :lolcry: