Rollaclub Cruise

ancullen

Today marks exactly one month since NT members last posted. And surprise surprise, the last member to post was me. Come on people, where's your enthusiasm???

I realise that I haven't bothered organising any events, but after the dismal failure of my last attempt due to a COMPLETE lack of interest, plus the fact that I don't really have much time at the moment, I can't really see any point.

I would really like to see the NT section start to thrive again. I would also like to see someone step up as a co-moderator, but at the moment no one seems to have ANY interest. I plan on getting back into garnering interest again once my honeymoon's over (at the end of July). Until then there's not much I can do.

I'll be down at Hidden Valley this Sunday if you want to come and say hi.

Edited by Sirolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, it has really dried out there huh Adam? Sent ya a PM by the way.

Well we had members state their interest in the club activities but didn't live up to them.

As i said, when i'm up, could try and do something like a cruise if you do have the time so that would be at least an event happening.

Its sad that I'm here and my car's over there, lol, i'm partaking in NT and SA rollaclub's events. :D

If i was there i would promote it for sure and when i was, i was happy to help out.

i guess people have jobs working almost 24/7 nowadays and just don't have time, plus Rollaclub NT is still small so its not as attractive to others than it is to me.

I was happy to be part of the club, but we need more devoted members to appear to keep the NT section going.

Thanks for the support guys. I haven't really been promoting RollaClub since the failure of the last cruise to get up, but I have posted some flyers around the campus of the uni, but haven't had any responses at all.

And I can't really organise a cruise until September at the earliest, as stated earlier in the year. It's a real pity you left town Daven, as you were easily the most obvious person to step up to the plate as co-moderator. Hell, I wouldn't have minded if you'd taken over completely as I would have known RollaClub NT would have been in good hands.

The only RollaClub member I've seen lately is wasfishing, but that's only because he came through my register at work, and I'd seen so little of him that I didn't even recognize him. I have seen Philip (who drives a 20v AE82) and Allan (can't remember what he drives, but I know it's a sweet ride) at Hidden Valley, but they've never really shown interest in actually joining RollaClub, though they are happy to show support.

It's a vicious cycle, you need to do a good cruise to get interest from randoms, but you need a decent amount of interest to do a decent cruise.

Don't make me bring my KE30 up there!!!!! Just a bit of effort from each person will go a long way.

Keep up the good work Adam, it will pay off eventually

BRING YOUR KE30 UP HERE!!! Just don't expect to leave with it :D !

I have just looked at my calendar for the year, and I have realised that I can make time when Daven is up here for a cruise. So, here goes nothing:

I am planning a cruise for sometime in April. We can do something else as well or instead of, but that will depend on you Daven and when you're available. One of the following dates suits me (take your pick and I'll make sure I keep it free:

Saturday 15 April

Sunday 16 April

Monday 17 April (Easter Monday)

Sunday 23 April (Must finish by 4pm)

Tuesday 25 April (ANZAC Day, Must finish by 4pm)

I'd prefer some feedback from you Daven before I go and start advertising this on BoostCruising and around town. What do you think?

Thanks Adam for the kind words :D

Well i'm up for a cruise when I'm up there, so i'll give ya a buzz if ya have some free time and join us, proabbly be about 5, plus a nice series 6 RX-7 as well...

I reckon we did a few GOOD cruisers in the past year but i don't think that would see more people joining, besides the NT lifestyle has something to do with it as well, people rather stay home then go out if its not interesting enough.

EDIT - after reading Ancullen's reply ^^:

I was planning for the 23rd which is Sunday, midday cruise sounds good? Just gotta confirm that i have that day available too, and hope I'm not scheduled to work. But sounds good to me.

Edited by Sirolla

I thought that the motorkhana went okay. We had an awesome number of people show interest, it's just a pity they couldn't be bothered getting up early enough to show up.

I take it you've already got a cruise partially organised? If you do, let me know the details and I'll see who else I can get to come along.

BRING YOUR KE30 UP HERE!!! Just don't expect to leave with it :D !

You can have it :D

Just don't touch my KE35 or you will lose an arm!!

I can't recommend enough, the effectiveness of the side stickers on my KE30, the amount of people asking about the club is incredible, I have had 3 members join in the last few weeks, just from parking my car in an obvious spot at work.

Go karting rocks. If we're going go-karting I know of at least one other person we can get, plus there's a guy at work who would probably love to come along. If we can get eight people together we could do a GP which means a trophy for the winner.

Did you have a particular day in mind for this little event?

The only issue with the 23rd is I have to work in the evening, so I'll have to leave at 4pm at the absolute latest. But karting should only take an hour and a half, or two hours maximum, so a midday cruise then karting would be sweet as. Do we want to lock it in Eddie?

yep, sounds good to me, i'll let styx (i've talked to him already and he's interested), probably Killswitch-have to ask him tho, and maybe a couple of others that i will let them know.

its good...

PS: like my fake sig, too bad they're not done yet, but its in the works, just need funds, :D

Edited by Sirolla