Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A-Ge Seca Sx Distributor Help?

Featured Replies

Hello!

 

Just yesterday I had to pull off a 21 year old power steering pump that just died in my ’92 AE-92R Corolla Seca SX, 4A-GE, and to do so I had to take off the radiator, battery, air conditioning compressor, and dizzy.. we couldn’t jack up the whole motor which would’ve made the process easier so I had to do it the hard way unfortunately, so my question is how do I put the whole distributor back in, in the right place and get it all running normally? I hear it’s quite a job... I was told it’d be $700 to get the pump replaced by a mechanic because it’s such a big job, so with some help I did it myself.

 

Anyone have some experience with this?

Thanks very much!

Edited by 92Rocker

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow I had this exact problem myself over the weekend. I ended up getting it out by popping the pulley off the pump to get to the bolts behind the pulley. Putting it back together it became apparent you can get the pump in/out with the correct 1/2" 14mm socket set with extensions and flex joints. Was a nightmare job. Was very close to removing the AC and Dizzy for more access but pushed on. Very annoyed to realise I didn't need to stuff around getting the pulley off, things are always harder the first time!

 

Set the engine to TDC, should be alignment marks on the dizzy to reinstall it with the engine at TDC I think.

  • 3 weeks later...

Ensure that when you set the motor to TDC that you can see the notch through the oil cap on the intake cam. Otherwise the dizzy will be 180 degrees out. If you can't see the notch, turn the crank 360 degrees till you hit TDC again and the notch will appear on the top of the crank.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Cheers! yep, I got the issue sorted but that's good to know, thanks. a local mechanic and friend came over and set it up for free, all good now. Just didn't get around to posting back on here :P Recently had to replace the alternator on it too, that was fun. Front wheel drives are so annoying to work on..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.