Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

International Shipping

Featured Replies

Hey Rollaclub

 

This is my first post here so I guess it'd be good form to introduce myself

My name is Odin, I live in the Netherlands (or Holland, whichever) and I've

owned a '76 KE35 for little over a year now, it's my baby, my pride and beauty

 

Living in the Netherlands does pose some problems parts wise, brake pads,

clutch parts are usually not that difficult to find, but the rarer, the more expensive

some parts get, I've got the non RS version, so just the 3K-H and K40 gearbox,

and pretty much since I've had it, I've been looking for a K50.

Recently I was quoted 900 euro for one (1390 AUD), and of course, looking at the

for sale ads here makes me sick with jealousy. 4K's with extractors and K50's

for prices that would maybe get you a 3K here (if you can even find one)

 

Another ad posted 3 K50's for 300 AUD, that 3 times more gearboxes, for 1/9th

the price it would cost here!

 

So what does one do ? well I'm currently trying to figure out if shipping one to the

EU could be profitable, I live 40 miles from the largest harbor of this continent,

but so far I've had little luck locating someone who ships to the EU.

 

So Rollaclub members, do you know of a company (or person) experienced in

shipping intercontinentally, and how would I go about organising such an endeavor

 

Ofcourse I'd pay the person handling business extra, for the extra hassle, and as

a thank you, because everything is cheaper than buying it here.

 

 

Here's some pictures of my rolla : http://imgur.com/a/6PwwG

 

 

Thanks a bunch

Edited by OdinNL

How much does a K50 weigh? The weight limit that Australia Post has for international parcels is 20kg and Aus Post is the method that is easiest for most people. I looked at shipping a 3TGTE head to Sweden and it was just possible by Aus Post but it had to be fully stripped of all excess items ie valves, springs etc to allow for enough weight to construct a crate. I'd imagine that a similar protective crate would be needed for a gearbox. Other option is to see if the internals of the gearbox could be shipped but you'll need to see if the gearbox cases between a k40 and k50 are the same. I expect that they are though.

 

Prices you are looking at depend on shipping method

 

2qwhagy.jpg

 

There are companies here is Aus that promote themselves as being able to ship anything to anywhere which could be an option for you to look at. Example company is

http://www.packsend.com.au but I have not used them so can't give a first hand view on what they are like.

 

There are other freight companies such as Fedex, DHL etc but these tend to cost more but could be worth looking into as they may have higher weight allowance

 

Hope this is helpful

Edited by Kina

Did you know the KP61-62 Starlet with a 5 speed is the same.

Europe got the Starlet.

Oh and the 4spd and 5spd casings are different.

Edited by TRD ke70

  • Author

Thanks a bunch, I'll call some companies here, maybe one isn't aware exactly what they've got laying around.

 

I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey Buddy,

 

With my Business I send a fair amount of oversized artwork internationally and although by weight your item is heavy often my parcels have a cubic weight well excess of the few hundred kilos you are talking about. We use Qantas Freight - very competitive and excellent service.

 

Cheers

 

Shane

  • Author

Hey Shane,

 

thanks for the reply, I assume you ship by air ? and that that's kinda expensive too ?

 

Cheers

 

Odin

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.