Make My Ke55 Faster

corollake55

Hi

Recently purchased an auto 79 ke55 and overhauled the carby.

The car is so slow, I want to keep the car auto but want more power from it.

I might consider an engine conversion if someone is willing to do it for me for under 4k, unfortunately the car has to be auto because me and the gf share it and she does not want to drive manual.

Any other ideas beside engine conversion ?

I have zero technical skills and am a noob, but I have been in love with old coronas and the ke55 since the past 10 years and took so long to convince my gf to allow me to buy this car for use by both of us.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Have a read of this

http://www.rollaclub...a_tough_K_motor

and remember you are talking about a 1.3L car from th3 70s, it is never going to be fast.

I would also suggest against spending 4000 dollars on a k motor, it just isnt worth it. and 4000 wont get you very far it you are going to be paying other people to do your work.

Edited by ke70dave

Use 2k to buy your gf her own car, use other 2k to have someone put a manual and 5K in ;) everyones happy

Thanks everyone

The thing is this car has been in the family for past 20+ years or so. I sold my lancer to buy this from the parents.

I can't let go of it :(

and question of buying another car - i recently bought a villa which has no street/visitor parking. only 1 car can fit

I don't mean power for racing. I just want it to take of bit faster. 60kw possible?

again sorry for being a noob