My Work In Progress 1967 Ke10

artinvest

I am constantly on rollaclub checking out other peoples ke corolla's and so thought I might throw a few pictures of my old girl up.

At the moment it has the mantle of the oldest known street registered corolla in the country, the VIN is ke10 182969

I bought the car 5 years ago, it was an ex rally car from Tassie that had been driven pretty hard. It already had the 5k in it with an updated cam and extractors, it is running a celica 5 speed gearbox. It also had a Ke70 brake upgrade

What I have done so far:

• After driving it home to the annoying sound of the worlds winiest diff I set about finding another one and ended up picking up a LSD for it off a Ke10 fanatic in Western Sydney, took some serious mods to get it to fit the tailshaft but once in was perfect.

• Next problem was the fact that the car was a hoot to drive but stopping (especially in a hurry) was a real issue. After previously owning a HQ holden with similar issues I realised that a good old brake booster was needed. I found a bloke who restores VH44 brake boosters (used to stop H series holdens - a bit of overkill for the rolla I know) so I bought one off of him, I upgraded the master cyclinder to a dual master from a F250 (thats all the brake shop had that would fit in to the spot). After hooking it all up I took it for a spin. The old girl stops on a dime with the slightest touch of the brake peddle

• Then came the complete bare metal strip with all the rust removed, resprayed in GM motors blue, the floor pan / engine bay / window sills / boot / door internals were all treated with POR15 prior to respray (word of advice, if you plan on using POR15 wear gloves! I rubbed multiple layers of skin off trying to remove it off my hands to no avail - took 2 weeks to come off)

• You may have noticed the lack of chrome stripes. When I took it back to bare metal I decided it was the perfect time to shave off the chrome strips that travel the length of the car so we welded up the holes and sprayed over them, I prefer the look without them - many others will disagree.

• The old interior was pretty rat so off to the upholstery joint for a new look, I tried to keep the old school lines and look as much as possible and I went with black so that if in the future I change the colour of the car the interior can stay. I still need to source and fit the gear stick boot

• I am now at the stage for wheels, I had wanted to keep the original steelies with the chrome and whitewalls but unfortunately they no longer fit over the calipers so I am looking at a set of 15 inch charcoal superlite with some clean low profile tyres. Any suggestions would be good though.

I still have heaps of things I plan on doing such as a dual carby uprade and rechrome of the bumpers. Attached are a few images

post-20245-0-24809200-1396062523_thumb.jpg

post-20245-0-62158700-1396062592_thumb.jpg

post-20245-0-74632300-1396062602_thumb.jpg

post-20245-0-33488600-1396062611_thumb.jpg

post-20245-0-36893700-1396062623_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad