Sr20det In A Ke35?

Danni

hey, was just wondering could someone give me a hand with what is needed for this conversion? I'm in new zealand and a guy is looking to pay us do it but I'm not sure... does the motor bolt in ok and what about the box? also the dash would be a problem wouldnt it, i was thinking putting either a skyline or silvia dash in? what does anyone think.. any help would be awesome!!! :P

Members dont see this ad
The SR20 gearbox will sit waaay too far back, there is a shorter Nissan bellhousing that can be used. I think its a CA18DET one?

Fat chance.... The SR20 gearboxes don't have a detachable bellhousing. Its an integral part of the gearbox (like the K40/50 boxes) So unfortunatly youre stuck with it and these mofos are a pain in the arse to get them into and out of the cars they were MADE for let alone a corolla.

You will have dash problems which ever way you go. The SR20s use an electronic speedo. If youre going to use a silvia/180sx dash, make sure you get the SR20 one because the tachos differ between the SR20 and CA18. You can get the CA18 ones to work with the SR20 ECU with modification. Skyline dash wont work without even more modification.

don't forget youre lovely expensive custom tailshaft, your intercooler with all custom piping, the new exhaust, someone to reconfigure the loom and perhaps do a custom one for the dash.

I could go on for ages. I wouldnt expect it to cost less than $6,000...

hahahaha.... gotta love that! Sponsorship drifto :P WOO HOO!

SR20DET in a KE35 won't see much change from $6K IF you're lucky... You could save a hell of alot doing the conversion yourself. But to give it to somebody to completely convert it... expensive excercise, for sure. There was a couple of links on here involving SRs into KEs, which might be worth considering a browse over. Hit the search button and you'll see them in Rides and Projects section.

haha yeah this guy is crazy i have told him it wont come cheap but hey!! i just wanna find his money tree... we have a few sponsers for our drifitng team so its coming along good... and oi leave thos durrtttyy nissans alone :P

you doubt nick?

silly girl :P

so, a guy is asking you to do this converison for him yeah?

tell him 10,000 and see what he says, people always like it when at the end they have some of their budget left, rather than being over budget. if hes willing to pay 10K then you know hes gonna come thru on this :P

but putting the motor in and getting it to a stage where its not breaking shit is just the start

then you have to do all the suspension work to make it handle better :)