Ae71/ae86 Clutch Slave Cylinder Pushrod

demuire

Members dont see this ad

Hmm, apparently the adjustment IS in the clutch pedal (between the pedal and the master cylinder). I can't see there being much adjustment there but apparently it's enough.

The TA22 box also has adjustment in the slave cylinder end, but it looks like the AE86 one doesn't...

Nick: Did you manage to find that box at all?

I pulled my box out last night to change my clutch fork over to an AE71 one I got yesterday (would like another one though), bloody hell I hope I never ever have to take the gearbox out again. Took me 2 hours just to get the two top bolts off, there isn't enough space between the engine and firewall to get a ratchet or breaker bar or anything in there so it was there with a spanner turning the bolt like a fraction of a mm at a time... 3 hours later the box was on my floor...

Tonight box goes back in. Should put a new throwout bearing on, but considering my time frame and the fact that even the box that's in the car is dodgy I think the new bearing can wait for my "good" box to come back...

You would be surprised at the amount of adjustment there is in the clutch pedal. I can change my pedal from engaging off the floor to engaging at full travel in just a few turns.

***Thread Hi-jack***

Whats a T-50 worth now days anyway? The t-50 in my red car has seen better days and with the way I drive i don't expect it to last all too long.

Fuuuh, finally got my gearbox back in the car. Everything is there except for the clutch slave cylinder, one pushrod I have is a bit short I think, the other is too long and it's too late to work the angle grinder... Took me 2 hours this time to get the gearbox back in. Maybe I'm getting better at it :D Yeah right... 3 of the bolts are properly torqued up, the other is just tightened as tight as I can get the spanner... I can't even reach it with my fingers much less a torque wrench...

I'm guessing the proper AE86 clutch pushrod is like about 80mm or so... Cause one of the ones I have is about 65mm (too short) and the other is about 90mm (too long)

I got both my T50's for a grand price of $80. Neither of them really work though.