Rolla-club Car Does Australian First

TOMsGPTurbo

Did you know that my car - Maxi (TOMsGPTurbo) was the first Toyota Corolla II GP Turbo fitted with a Starlet GT engine in Australia!

Before I started I looked for information about the conversion everywhere possible with no-success at all (including contacting all known EL31 owners in Australia and around the world!), so I bit the bullet and went ahead ... and after publishing what I had done... there is atleast another 4 cars in Australia who have completed the conversion.

Strangely the Japanese GP Turbo club (EL-R) have no info on any of their cars with this conversion. Meaning maybe Rolla-Club's GP was the first ever GP Turbo in the world to do the 4EFTE conversion. (The GP only sold in Japan with 6000 cars being made.)

To this very day I am sent emails about the conversion and how it can be done. The best benefit is that everything drops right in, the only problem is the wiring but any decent mechanic can do the job for a nice price.

Keep it sideways,

Tom.

Members dont see this ad

Its cool to have it under my belt.. but considering every other Corsa/GP with the conversion is flying along and going awesomely.. its depressing to know I was burnt and mines sitting in a garage while it should be out there setting the bench mark.. its only time and money :D