July 29, 201412 yr comment_686234 Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows much about rt132 and what are they like in comparison to xt130. I'm only after struts to cut and weld into coilover conversion if they are the same fit and if they have good aftermarket parts, thanks Report
July 29, 201412 yr comment_686242 Do they have the same issue with the steering arm/rotor making rotor to LCA clearance an issue? Report
July 29, 201412 yr comment_686244 The steering arms are the same spacing as the xt as well as the tube lenght,caliper mountings are 90mm Both have same wheel bearings same solid rotor. The only difference ive found is some of the later xt had girlock calipers all the rest had twin pot sumitomo calipers. Which made no difference as they where interchangeable any way. I'm not sure about your rotor /lca clearance Tyler but i would think that what ever problems you have with xt130 would be the same as rt132 struts. As they are the same. rob Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_686246 Yeah cool. The steering arm hole is offset to push the struts 10mm further out to create brake rotor clearance. If you run AE86 steering arms you need to bash the end of your LCA in a bit, plus you can't run RCA's. (Can use NCRCA's but they are poo). I ended up getting my XT steering arms shortened. And Rhys there are good upgrades, Land Cruiser and Hilux 4 pots bolt on. Heaps of good shock options. Only issue I found was the steering arms. Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_686249 I'm about to do xt130 strut, ra40 discs with mx62 cressida calipers. Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_686257 So if I was to use xt130 anyways then would I have the same issues, because I want ncrca on aswell and what ever else after market ican get. This is all for my ae86 coilover conversion too btw on a corollaI only need to cut the bottom off the struts and weld onto coilovers and use the brakes and stuff with it. Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_686258 If you run NCRCA's you wont have an issue apart from the fact that NCRCA's are poo. You want RCA's. Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_686267 Ok awesome, why are they poo haha don't they give more camber? I'm not too stressed about how it drives I just need the suspension and wheels sorted so I can start the body work because I'm gonna have to flare quarters and guards to suit, I want to put 15x10s at the rear and possibly same in the front or 15x9s. Once I work out what offset will fit. Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_686271 NCRCAS flog out your ball joints and ruin your scrub radius. They work but they arent the best solution. For the same price as NCRCA's I can point you in the direction of the guy who modified my steering arms. Edited July 30, 201412 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_686277 Ah I see, so what will modifying my steering arms do in the way of camber? Or is it just to get better lock. Because I was going to put longer LCAs on to give camber but NCRCA apparently give a few degrees camber. Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_686283 They wont do anything in the way of camber. XT arms are really long and will make your steering slow and poo. I got mine shortened to 90mm. Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_686290 Ok then, I'm still trying to learn about suspension mods, I'm a panelbeater by trade so I can do normal stuff but mods are trickier. I've got xt130 steering arms laying around and xt130 LCAs on ATM should I hold off till I can find xt130 struts or just get these rt132 struts Report
July 31, 201412 yr comment_686335 Read my first post again. The problem is that you have not told us what your trying to do?? We need more info on what your trying to achieve is a track car daily or hack up clubie ? What car is it? We are shooting in the dark. Hope this doent came across harsh but you need to no what it is you are trying to achieve. rob Edited July 31, 201412 yr by corollaart Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now