Eoi: Wa's First Corolla Cruise

Dez

Hay guys just noticed there isnt that many people inputing for the WA board and there havent been any meets organised at all...

Wats goin on??? the only way we can get more people is to get out there with our cars and stickers and get people to notice us. Then more rolla fans are likely too join up...

On another note I was just wonderin if anyone else has the same model engine as me or knows of some1 with the same engine and what kinda gear ratio they have set up???

Mine seems realy close, I'm guessin more for city running, and it is almost redlining in 5th gear at 150... Dus anybody know if this is common... And u reackon its gonna be costly to have 4th and 5th gear lengthened?? its all computerised so i think it has to be dun by toyota...

Cheers Guys

Edited by Dan

Members dont see this ad

Nah man, these days cars still have gears operating the gearbox... should be able to get that sort of thing done by any reputable mechanic (don't look at me :y:). I don't know what the go is with FWD cars, but they must have a diff of some sort... try a longer ratio diff, that could help... where you could pick one up or how much it would be... wouldn't have a clue...

My mum has a ZZE122R (Next model from yours) that goes hard... it'll go to 120 in third gear redline no problem... a AE101 will sit on 160 easy enough...

Don't know what the go is with yours :(.

Haven't organised any meets, because, well, the majority of our members either don't have a licence or live too far away from Perth ;). Need more members... its sort of like a lose-lose situation man..

Get some of your mates with Corollas to join ;)... then organising cruises/meets will be awesome.. a cruise isn't a cruise with two or three cars...

Dan.

If you browse this forum, and you are from Perth, If you would be interested in a cruise show your interest in this thread. Thanks guys. Also, if your from WA, please view this thread Roll Call :paw: This thread is now pinned.

Edited by Dan

The car don't struggle, I can hit bout 80 in second without pushin it but the top speed is compromised because the last few gears are a little close (I think)...

And i understand the gears are still there but in some of the newer cars gear ratios can be altered slightly in the cars computer system, I was wonderin if anyone knew whether the corollas can do it???

And recruits are gonna be hard to find but lemme see what I can do... When ya get more stix I'll slap one on the back windsheild and hopefully that'll help as well...

Haha, was being a smart arse man... its all good... I don't think Corollas would be hightech enough to have electronically controlled stuff like that, perhaps in autos for gear changes and that... wouldn't have a clue where to start.. PM Rolla_Boy (One of them, the one with the late model rolla in his dp), he's a toyota tech guy, he might know where to start :).

I'll give kyl a sticker to give to you.

Dan.

• 2 months later...