Aisan Carburetor

Seddas

Hey guys.

I'm trouble shooting why my 4k engine in my ke20 has a miss at idle. It started as someone else's project so I have to start from the very beginning.

I wont go into too much detail as what I have already done.

What I want to know is my Carburetor doesn't have a solenoid on it. Is that a major problem?

Members dont see this ad

Nope- The solenoid shuts fuel off when you turn off the key, so as long as it is working it won't affect the engine at other times.

Has it run OK with this carb in the past??

Is it a constant miss or one that happens occasionally.

Does it affect the way the car drives off from idle, ie, does it miss under power?

If it's a ke20 it likely wouldn't have a fuel solenoid as they only came out later.

A misfire at idle could be caused by a handful of issue including incorrect initial timing, vacuum leaks, electrical shorts in the ignition system, a bent or burnt valve, poor compression the list goes on.

So with that, spare us the details but with no information from what basis can assistance be rendered.

Edited by GJM85

don't know if it ran with it before as the car has never run in my ownership.

I have rebuilt it and in the process noticed it didn't have one. The engine is also a 4k.

I have come to the conclusion it was the ingnition coil, but after replacing it I'm still having problems. Will update with more info later