Ke30 4Age 2 Pump Wiring And Am2 Questions

Killar_of_giants

Was hoping someone could help me with a couple of questions regarding wiring a 4AGE into early KE30 2 door sedan.

I'm primarily using the AE82 schematic. Its not 100% accurate but after studying the FX-16 diagram and ditching the AE82 relay fuse box I'm nearly there.

1. KE30 Ignition barrel is single poll where as all the 4AGE wiring diagrams I have show duel pole, AM1 and AM2. Ive used a relay from the AM1/ IGN1 to switch in the AM2/IGN2 power with 30amp fuse at the fuse link box at the battery. Is this how its usually done? I couldn't find any info.

2. How do I wire for 2 pumps ( LP and HP ). Can I use 2 relays latched parallel by the COR (blue/black wire.) Lift pump is a facet rated 1.6 amps and the bosch 070 max draw is 6.5 from memory. Was thinking I shouldn't connect 2 pumps to the COR, might damage the ECU? If I use 2 relays I could use power from the battery. Fuse something like 7.5 amp fuse for the facet and 10 amp fuse for the HP.

3. There is a large red wire connected to the headlight relay behind the battery. I think this wire was connected to the 3K alternator

from memory. Is it simply 12V taken from the battery. If yes do I connect it after the 80amp fuse at the battery fuse box link (AM1)

Edited by Killar_of_giants

Members dont see this ad

2. How do I wire for 2 pumps ( LP and HP ). Can I use 2 relays latched parallel by the COR (blue/black wire.) Lift pump is a facet rated 1.6 amps and the bosch 070 max draw is 6.5 from memory. Was thinking I shouldn't connect 2 pumps to the COR, might damage the ECU? If I use 2 relays I could use power from the battery. Fuse something like 7.5 amp fuse for the facet and 10 amp fuse for the HP.

This is how I am going to do it. The COR will control two replays, one for each pump fused separately. I think even this is a bit overkill but would rather over than underkill.