Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wanted: Wiring Diagram For European 1980 Te72 Gt

Featured Replies

I've recently acquired a European zenki TE72 GT instrument cluster. I'm hoping to figure out the wiring so I can properly get it installed in my 1983 AE71... I have the US wiring book - it shows the wires going to each specific pin on the plugs. I'm looking for this same section for the 1980 TE72

 

normal_Box_from_arieh_-_cluster_inside4.jpg

Edited by oldeskewltoy

I've got the factory T18 manual which covers the KE7x TE7x models. The schematic wiring diagram makes mention of various euro specific variations, and the combination meter and gauge section includes LHD with tachometer and LHD without tachometer. Presumably the former is the GT cluster? This has the pin outs. The tachometer cluster is referred to as the coupe and liftback cluster. Happy to scan and email if they may help

  • Author

Parrot - THANK YOU!!!!

 

I did some additional searching... and found what appears to be a pull out diagram from a T18...

 

th_T18WiringDiagramSmall.jpg

 

which apparently = a Corolla liftback

That schematic diagram looks the same as the one in my T18 manual. T18 is the Australian designation for a TE72

 

This is the same manual if you are really keen. Bit pricey

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-T-18-REPAIR-MANUAL-BODY-KE70-TE71-72-Series-1979-As-New-/261504914470?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item3ce2e85426

  • Author

did they put the wiring into the body manual??? When I bought my AE71, I got the FSM, and the FS wiring manual too

 

AE72manuals.jpg

  • Author

Don't have that one so couldn't say. But that body manual is for USA / Canada so possibly not the GT diagrams

 

Ahh... so the scan above (in posting #3) is not from a European manual, but from the USA/Canada manual?

Not sure, as I can only see partially see it on the iphone. Would need an electron microscope for what I can see when I click on it here. I was referring to the manuals you posted above.

 

Does the schematic you have make reference to European specific wiring variations?

 

I am very happy to send you a copy of what I have if it doesn't.

  • Author

 

Does the schematic you have make reference to European specific wiring variations?

 

I am very happy to send you a copy of what I have if it doesn't.

 

Not that I've seen in any of the US market wiring diagrams... **IF** I need it, I'l ask... thank you!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.