September 11, 201412 yr comment_688219 I've recently acquired a European zenki TE72 GT instrument cluster. I'm hoping to figure out the wiring so I can properly get it installed in my 1983 AE71... I have the US wiring book - it shows the wires going to each specific pin on the plugs. I'm looking for this same section for the 1980 TE72 Edited September 11, 201412 yr by oldeskewltoy Report
September 12, 201412 yr comment_688244 I've got the factory T18 manual which covers the KE7x TE7x models. The schematic wiring diagram makes mention of various euro specific variations, and the combination meter and gauge section includes LHD with tachometer and LHD without tachometer. Presumably the former is the GT cluster? This has the pin outs. The tachometer cluster is referred to as the coupe and liftback cluster. Happy to scan and email if they may help Report
September 12, 201412 yr Author comment_688247 Parrot - THANK YOU!!!! I did some additional searching... and found what appears to be a pull out diagram from a T18... which apparently = a Corolla liftback Report
September 13, 201412 yr comment_688283 That schematic diagram looks the same as the one in my T18 manual. T18 is the Australian designation for a TE72 This is the same manual if you are really keen. Bit pricey http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-T-18-REPAIR-MANUAL-BODY-KE70-TE71-72-Series-1979-As-New-/261504914470?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item3ce2e85426 Report
September 13, 201412 yr Author comment_688284 did they put the wiring into the body manual??? When I bought my AE71, I got the FSM, and the FS wiring manual too Report
September 13, 201412 yr comment_688285 Don't have that one so couldn't say. But that body manual is for USA / Canada so possibly not the GT diagrams Report
September 14, 201412 yr Author comment_688318 Don't have that one so couldn't say. But that body manual is for USA / Canada so possibly not the GT diagrams Ahh... so the scan above (in posting #3) is not from a European manual, but from the USA/Canada manual? Report
September 15, 201412 yr comment_688324 Not sure, as I can only see partially see it on the iphone. Would need an electron microscope for what I can see when I click on it here. I was referring to the manuals you posted above. Does the schematic you have make reference to European specific wiring variations? I am very happy to send you a copy of what I have if it doesn't. Report
September 15, 201412 yr Author comment_688346 Does the schematic you have make reference to European specific wiring variations? I am very happy to send you a copy of what I have if it doesn't. Not that I've seen in any of the US market wiring diagrams... **IF** I need it, I'l ask... thank you! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now