Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke10,11,15,17 - What Other Diff Housings Fit ?

Featured Replies

KE15 - what other diff housings fit . Had a bit of a search , heard that (120y -- early ke20 jap ) fit . But what else have people fitted under the rear to the original springs ? I am really after something cheap (no suprise there) . but I have a 2nd KE15 with std springs but no diff housing. Just need it so I can move the car around when required. But I may put a 4age in it down the track and something a bit stronger would be required.

  • Author

So no one has changed to a different rear end in to a early KE10,11,15 ,16 ,17 ? SO NO WONDER i CAN,T FIND ANY INFO !

I would say that plenty of people have changed the diff in formentinoed cars. But if you are looking for an bolt in upgrade, i suspect such a thing doesnt exist.

 

If you are consierating a 4age or a diff upgrade in general, to make it worthwhile what you want is an LSD, and unfortunately there arent any readily available LSDs available for any of the corolla diffs.

 

I think you would want to start thinking outside the box which will require some fabrication (moving/making spring mounts and a custom tailshaft).

 

Potential candidates are the T series diff from a toyota T18 or JDM ae86. or perhaps a european diff, escort or something. your big issue is going to be width though, as the ke10 series of cars are quite skinny, so you are then looking at a shortening of the diff housing....the dollar$ are starting to add up FAST!

If you just need to move it around, just bolt a ke2x axle in place.

 

I am not aware of anything stronger that bolts in. I have a spare Te27 diff I am vaguely thinking I may bolt in one day , but haven't measured it up. I expect it will be a little wider. You could just use a TA22 diff and cut it down/ weld on mounts etc which would give you a 6.7 T series

 

That still won't be cheap though

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.