January 6, 201511 yr comment_692700 Hey guys, So if i were to purchase a Bigport 4age engine that would be coming straight out of a JDM AE86, (The AE71 has a T50 gearbox and the engine would come with the stock ecu and loom) Would the 4age literally just go straight into the AE71 with no extra costs? Edited January 6, 201511 yr by CartiganFibre Report
January 6, 201511 yr comment_692705 yes, all you'd need to do is wiring and exhaust. unless you get the exhaust too. 4ac exhaust is on the opposite side. Edited January 6, 201511 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
January 7, 201511 yr comment_692721 Exactly. If you have access to the car the motor came from, grab the fuel tank, it'll be an EFI tank with baffles and an in tank pump. It more or less bolts in, although I believe you have to muck around with fuel filler to get it to fit in an AE71. So your options are: - get a JDM AE86 tank and do some mods - get a lift pump, surge tank and EFI pump Remember that EFI works at a far higher pressure thank carb, so you need to make sure all the lines between the EFI pump and the motor are EFI capable. Report
January 7, 201511 yr comment_692722 Oh yeah fuel... I'm running a single walbro 225 pump inline with no surge tank setup on stock fuel lines and have had zero dramas with surging. Report
January 7, 201511 yr comment_692723 How noisy is your fuel pump in that configuration? I tried 2 bosch pumps in that configuration and they were far too noisy without a lift pump. I don't think bosch pumps like sucking. Report
January 7, 201511 yr comment_692725 It's noisy, I'm gonna run a surge tank like your setup up behind the fuel tank though. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now