My Diff ... Is It A T-series?

Dyzza

hey guys

well i had a look at the plate on my diff. Its a borg warner, 4.11 ratio. My car was originally automatic, and a 5 speed was put in it with a different diff by the previous owner ...

T334 – 42 – 001 this is on the plate under p/n (part number?) ... does this mean it is a t-series diff ?

I checked the FAQ and came up with a few things ...

6.7" (T)

Celica ALL 71-85 (RWD) Corona RT85,95,104,114,105,115,119,134,32,34,36 72-82 Corolla TE37,51 75-79 Corolla TE27 (some) 74 Corolla AE86 83-87 (?)

Common upgrades are a Celica/T18/Corona T series 6.7" diff ... --> could this be what it is ?

The only thing that sent me down this path was the 'T' in the part number on that plate ...

Cheers for your help!

Dyzza

Members dont see this ad
NFI mate, pretty sure this center will fit the jap s series diffs but i dunno bout the t series. Most T series came with 3.9's anyway.

a borg warner should have the 8 bolt inspection plate visable from the boot end of the car.....s series have an 8 bolt carrier housing, t series have a 10 bolt carrier if that helps

yeah its an 8 ... that is the bolts that go around the back plate on the diff (the only visible bolts...)

Its a borg warner ... ah 's' series i guess?

Cheers

no

it is a borg warner....same as mine the diff code u see is the borg way of identifing the diff. In other words it is an aus spec diff, all the diff codes in the FAQ are for toyota jap spec ones hence the T's, S's and F's etc etc.

I had the same delima in another thread :)

verdict = borg warner diff = shit