Ke30 Paint Colour

Banjo

Hi Guys,

Need to get some paint to do an original colour respray, for it's 40th birthday this year.

The KE30's colour is original. The ID plate on the firewall indicates Colour Code 511.

post-270-0-34873500-1424511628_thumb.jpg

While doing a bit of research on the net, I found there are quite a few yellows in the Toyota range.

Suntan Yellow code T1750

Yellow code 511

Yellow code 522

Yellow Firefly code T1746

Greenish Yellow code 521

However, when i check the code 511 on the Unique Cars website, it indicates that the colour with code 511 is more a greenish yellow, quite unlike what I've got.

post-270-0-53684000-1424511950_thumb.jpg

This colour is named Mustard Yellow, for the code 511. Looks more greenish to me.

I've never actually known what colour to call my KE30. My wife calls it "baby pooh !" To me it's more a Mustard Yellow, than the bright yellow, like you see on some early Toyotas.

My KE30s original colour was a fairly popular one at the time.

Can anyone who has been through this exercise before, confirm that the colour of my car above is Mustard Yellow ?

Suppose the other way I could do it, is get a sample can of paint with code 511, and paint a patch and see if it matches.

Many thanks 1

Cheers Banjo

Members dont see this ad

One of my 30's is a 511 code.

Paint colour looks the same. I have always described this as a "Mustard yellow", although I could be wrong.

post-2906-0-91296600-1424556564_thumb.jpg

In saying what you have said (in regards to a sample patch), In the past i have got three of the same paint codes mixed up at three different places , and all 3 mixes have been different shades of the same colour, Makes it hard when trying to identify the true colour? go figure.

Edited by Clapped out