Buick (Or Holden?) Supercharged V6 In E38 Wagon.

Skellington

I am considering this as these engines are abundant here. I can get the NA and supercharged ones from junk yards. Problem I have is that they are all FWD. I may be able to bolt a t5 camaro trans to it, but It wont hold the HP that the Supercharged engine produces. Anyone know of any Buick, GM, or holden swapped engine builds?

Members dont see this ad

Pretty much most of these engines here were bolted up to turbo 700 auto's (TH700), I don't see why a t5 can't old the HP, they are the manual transmissions that came out with them here,

cheers!

I am considering this as these engines are abundant here.

People here can't even give them away......

the buick v6 is actually the perfect powerplant for a street corolla imo, simply because the torque it makes

In the usa the swap is considerably more difficult. Supercharged even more so

The land down under has all the rwd goodies to make the swap aalllooott easier, Dunno how legal it is tho.

The motor "fits" good. Gear the car properly and it will be a blast. Exceptional mileage (in heavy cars) is a welcomed bonus

A tap on the throttle will press you back in the seat.... from just above idle. No need to rev 6k. Wrong motor

For example, you can pump wads of cash into a gze, and still it will be no match for a well tuned normally aspirated stock buick v6 on stock electronics

The camaro drivetrain is the common donor for rwd transplants. The 5 spd should live in the 1000 pound lighter corolla

The box is tilted towards the left tho. I dunno if the box-bell mating flange could be cut/rotate/welded

Research says "bellhousing from the 1994-1995 2.2L 4 cyl Chevy S10 pickup has the EXACT same engine mounting bolt pattern as the L67 (which is also the same as all 60 degree GM V6's), and also has the correct provision for starter location (left side of engine, or drivers side in a RWD layout). On top of that, it has the FORD T5 manual trans bolt pattern in a straight up mounting position. Not the tilted gearbox pattern in the Camaro's"