Ke10 Radiator Options?

rke_011

Yup, take it to a shop and have it cleaned, I'm not running anything fancy but we do have 100f summers...it will climb a bit if stuck in traffic but my problem is getting heat in the winter. Rather than changing the 180 thermostat I just use a piece of cardboard to partially block the radiator...when it's 30f If I don't block it it wont get above 160f.

Members dont see this ad

HOLLY SMOKES $550 3 core.....

I had a worked 5K in my KE15. I fitted a 3 core radator $300.

USed stock radator my local radator shop buys in the 3 core stuff solders it in adds a metal drain cock in bottom and welds a bracket on for me for a overflow can and tests it for me.

The 3 core I asked once he gets it from ADRAD.

In my KE15 and my KE11 where I did this I had to take off radator top pannel slide radator down in front of the support and using long bolts/studs screw into car and using nuts space radator. This stopped the radator hittinf fan as they become thicker. May have a picture but easy mod. NEVER got over temp was great.

But at $550 to do that walk away. And last one I had doen was only 7 ish months ago. So price shouldnt have changed that much.....But I do supply a good core to make intoa 3 core radator....

I think they were just trying to drive me away from the recore and into buying a whole new unit from them.

Just too damn expensive.

On a side note, my brother bought one of those Chinese ebay alloy radiators for his patrol. It lasted 5 months before it split at one of the welds.

He had a 1.1bar cap on it because the 0.9bar cap kept letting fluid out. And the radiator popped.

That's what we think happened anyhow.

I think they were just trying to drive me away from the recore and into buying a whole new unit from them.

Just too damn expensive.

On a side note, my brother bought one of those Chinese ebay alloy radiators for his patrol. It lasted 5 months before it split at one of the welds.

He had a 1.1bar cap on it because the 0.9bar cap kept letting fluid out. And the radiator popped.

That's what we think happened anyhow.

Now he has an ADRAD.

Now I feel bad, I got mine done for free.

It split the seam across the whole top endcap while doing about 95mph on the freeway (racing a Volvo...lol) I bet it looked cool from a distance, I couldn't see a damn thing. The parts stores couldn't get them anymore, the auto radiator shops said it was 'too old' and wouldn't guarantee anything (I looked around, they did messy work anyway.

I took it to this guy I found, He works on humongous radiators (20ft tall or more, some of them ) from giant cranes and earth movers, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask...he saw mine and laughed

Did an excellent job on it, Threw it in his tank while we talked and smoked...(he has to have at least a 10 million insurance policy or bond for the stuff he works on).....took it completely apart, cleaned and re-soldered everything like new, hell, better than new ever was.... while I stood there watching and then wouldn't take any money.