Master Cylinder Replacement.

So it has come to my attention that the master cylinder on my 76 ke30 is on its last legs (have to double pump the breaks any time I want to stop, the lines are all good and the brake fluid isn't going down quickly).

the question now stands. Are k series master cylinders all the same or interchangeable?

Members dont see this ad

If you plan on doing any sort of break upgrade in the future then a bigger MC might not be a stupid idea. There's a few different types of Nissan MC's that will bolt straight onto a 30 booster. Have a search around the forum and you'll find what others have used.

• 2 weeks later...

So all done!!! But there has been a couple of odd things since:

1. When the new master cylinder was fitted and while the car was off and i depressed the breaks, there was an air leak from the gap between the break booster and the master cylinder? (yes i put a gasket in).

2. i have noticed what sounds like the break pads now rubbing on the disk. Is that normal seeing as i have replaced the master cylinder and bleed the breaks?