Two Different 4K Sumps

altezzaclub

So I phone up Auto Surplus for a full gasket set, I have plans for the Girl's Blue Beast...

He asks me what year?.. 1983. Early or late?? Ah, well, I want to mix a motor of each, one a flatty, one a slanty.

Two different gasket set numbers, so he goes and gets the books and compares the lists of the gaskets inside and the only difference is the sump gasket!

So slantys have a different sump gasket to flattys! The early one is the 4K-C, the later one is just 4K.

Anyone come across this??

BTW, Bursons said $190 for the full kit, I bought it from Auto Surplaus for $70, a Permaseal kit. It arrived 10minutes ago in Orange from Melbourne, and I only bought it yesterday. Get them while they're going!

post-7544-0-94982400-1441331701_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

Members dont see this ad

I came across this recently also, for the first time. I mentioned recently, it in a thread about timing chain covers. I think the front hole on each side of the sump, at the very front, is in a slightly different position, due to a difference in the timing chain covers used on the 4K & 4KC. Hole punch & a bit of gasket silicon should do the trick if you finish up with the wrong one !

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo