November 18, 201510 yr comment_701516 Hi folks, just wondering how hard it is to put an 7A-FE into the place an 4A-FE will come out of? From all evidence, with information in the trusty Gregory's 271, they are exactly the same engine block etc. Report
November 18, 201510 yr comment_701527 Hi folks, just wondering how hard it is to put an 7A-FE into the place an 4A-FE will come out of? From all evidence, with information in the trusty Gregory's 271, they are exactly the same engine block etc. it should bolt in.... BUT the 7A block is 10mm taller then a 4A block Report
November 19, 201510 yr Author comment_701539 Thanks oldeskewltoy; I am just wondering what clearance I have on my AE101 to accomodate the extra height. I would love to put one in for the extra KW's as my 4A-FE has cooling problems and it would cost more to fix than the transplant. Report
November 19, 201510 yr Author comment_701540 it should bolt in.... BUT the 7A block is 10mm taller then a 4A block Thanks oldeskewltoy. I wonder what problems what the 10mm height difference would make as it sure would be good to get those extra KW's; my 4A-FE has cooling problems and would most likely cost more than a transplant. Report
November 19, 201510 yr comment_701544 They got much the same kw but a bit more torque in 7afe. Some differences depending on model. Have read Blocks have some differances depending if theyre from fwd or awd. Taller Block will bring exhaust upp a bit if Mounts are in the same place. Exhaust manifold might make upp for it tho. Check if radiator or fan isnt causing cooling problem before swapping engines ;) Report
December 1, 201510 yr Author comment_701735 They got much the same kw but a bit more torque in 7afe. Some differences depending on model. Have read Blocks have some differances depending if theyre from fwd or awd. Taller Block will bring exhaust upp a bit if Mounts are in the same place. Exhaust manifold might make upp for it tho. Check if radiator or fan isnt causing cooling problem before swapping engines ;) Thanks Tojo2. I am concerned that there may be wiring issues that could cause me some grief so I am going to stick with another 4A-FE as a transplant or I may just consider changing the head because all this came about due to overheating; when they changed the belt and water pump the 2" long hose to the water pump wasn't tightened properly and she has continually leaked the coolant from there and now I am finding bubbles coming up the radiator. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now