7A-Fe

normgale

Members dont see this ad

it should bolt in.... BUT the 7A block is 10mm taller then a 4A block

Thanks oldeskewltoy. I wonder what problems what the 10mm height difference would make as it sure would be good to get those extra KW's; my 4A-FE has cooling problems and would most likely cost more than a transplant.

They got much the same kw but a bit more torque in 7afe. Some differences depending on model.

Have read Blocks have some differances depending if theyre from fwd or awd.

Taller Block will bring exhaust upp a bit if Mounts are in the same place. Exhaust manifold might make upp for it tho.

Check if radiator or fan isnt causing cooling problem before swapping engines ;)

• 2 weeks later...

They got much the same kw but a bit more torque in 7afe. Some differences depending on model.

Have read Blocks have some differances depending if theyre from fwd or awd.

Taller Block will bring exhaust upp a bit if Mounts are in the same place. Exhaust manifold might make upp for it tho.

Check if radiator or fan isnt causing cooling problem before swapping engines ;)

Thanks Tojo2. I am concerned that there may be wiring issues that could cause me some grief so I am going to stick with another 4A-FE as a transplant or I may just consider changing the head because all this came about due to overheating; when they changed the belt and water pump the 2" long hose to the water pump wasn't tightened properly and she has continually leaked the coolant from there and now I am finding bubbles coming up the radiator.