Using Aftermarket Carbs On Ke20 Standard Engine

I am looking to fit a twin carb setup to my 74 KE20 whilst I collect parts for my 4AGE conversion.

I have tried to find a set of original twin carbs without luck but understand that Dellorto DHLA 40's can be used.

Here in the UK I am being advised that fitting twin carbs causes water leak issues and that you need to replace the head but not sure yet why or what head needs to be used.

Just looking for a second opinion on this

Members dont see this ad

I haven't heard of water leak issues with side-drafts, and fitting twin DCOEs is pretty common. The manifolds for Webers or Dellortos will be the hardest part.

For the $1000 cost of twin carbs I don't think you will get a good result without a cam grind, some head porting and a new exhaust system. The you have spent far too much on a cheap motor when you could put those extra thousands into your 4AGE.

How about the Weber 32/36 or 27/36? Probably easy to find in the UK and better than stock, even if not as good as twin DCOEs. The next step up would be a single DCOE40, providing you can find the manifold.