Vacuum Line Diagram

Big G

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has a line diagram for the carby vacuum hoses for a 1980 ke55 coupe auto. The sticker under the bonnet is to faded to read. The diagrams I have found on line so far are no where near what i have under the bonnet. The dizzy has two lines running from it. Can any of the lines be disconnected? Are all of them necessary. any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

the 2 lines are for ported vacuum and manifold vacuum.

From my experience, with a 4k with the 5k distributor (with internal igniter and 2 vacuum ports) runs best with both ported and vacuum connected to their appropriate ports.

I can not give you a diagram but i can tell you that the port that is sticking out to the front should be connected to the lowest vacuum port on the carby. The port that is sticking up out of the top of the dizzy should go to the ported vacuum source, if you send me a pic of ur carb, ill circle it.

Ok, so what I'm getting from you is that the dizzy is a replacement one at some stage in the cars life if as you say it comes from a 5k. So my next question is how many of the other vacuum lines are required. I will have a crack at what you have described and get back to you if I can't work it out. The back story to my questions is because I am building this car for my daughters first car and it was in a lot of pieces. All the vacuum lines were in a zip bag marked carby. So its a bit of a jigsaw puzzle that we are slowly working through. Thanks for your response so far. see how we go.