Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 4Kc And Transmission Compatibility With Ke55

Featured Replies

Hey, I just picked up a 4K and auto box from a KE70 (plus linkages and tailshaft), and I wanted to know if I would need to make any mods to fit it into my KE55 ? I already figured out the crossmember to hold the box in wont fit so I will have to source a KE55 one.

Is your ke55 originally an auto? If so, the ke55's had a borg warner 35 auto, as opposed to the ke70's, which had the holden trimatic auto box. Not sure if any mods needed for the box to fit into a 55. Tail shaft from the ke70 wont fit your ke55, ke55 one piece shaft, ke70 2 piece shaft. If your ke55 was originally a manual, You will have to custom make a crossmember to change it over to auto. 4K engine will fit, probably best to change over your intake and exhaust manifolds from your old engine and use them on your new one, ke70's have a lot more emission crap opposed to the ke55, unless you have an update 55 which has the same emission stuff and manifolds as the ke70. Also drivers side engine mount is different, that will have to be changed, Hope this helps,

 

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

  • Author

Thanks for the info Clap!

 

Ill have a hunt around for a one piece shaft then, ive seen a few on ebay of late. The 55 was factory auto btw so thsts less to worry about xD

 

Unfortunately I don't have any 'old engine' parts as mine came without one, currently the engine only has a manifold from ke70.

 

It was a 1979 model so i dunno if tgst helps with the emissions ect

 

And any Idea what I would have to change it to? A stock ke55?

 

KE55s came with Trimatics too

 

your right, forgot about that.

 

 

It was a 1979 model so i dunno if tgst helps with the emissions ect

 

And any Idea what I would have to change it to? A stock ke55?

 

You can use the ke70 manifolds, although I'd try and get a hold of the early 55 ones, just easier all round, and yes, being a 79 model, its the one without all the emissions crap,

 

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

Sorry, I miss understood, you just need to change the drivers side engine mount over to the ke55 one, and your good to go!

 

cheers!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.