Ke70 4Kc And Transmission Compatibility With Ke55

Members dont see this ad

Is your ke55 originally an auto? If so, the ke55's had a borg warner 35 auto, as opposed to the ke70's, which had the holden trimatic auto box. Not sure if any mods needed for the box to fit into a 55. Tail shaft from the ke70 wont fit your ke55, ke55 one piece shaft, ke70 2 piece shaft. If your ke55 was originally a manual, You will have to custom make a crossmember to change it over to auto. 4K engine will fit, probably best to change over your intake and exhaust manifolds from your old engine and use them on your new one, ke70's have a lot more emission crap opposed to the ke55, unless you have an update 55 which has the same emission stuff and manifolds as the ke70. Also drivers side engine mount is different, that will have to be changed, Hope this helps,

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

Thanks for the info Clap!

Ill have a hunt around for a one piece shaft then, ive seen a few on ebay of late. The 55 was factory auto btw so thsts less to worry about xD

Unfortunately I don't have any 'old engine' parts as mine came without one, currently the engine only has a manifold from ke70.

It was a 1979 model so i dunno if tgst helps with the emissions ect

And any Idea what I would have to change it to? A stock ke55?

KE55s came with Trimatics too

your right, forgot about that.

It was a 1979 model so i dunno if tgst helps with the emissions ect

And any Idea what I would have to change it to? A stock ke55?

You can use the ke70 manifolds, although I'd try and get a hold of the early 55 ones, just easier all round, and yes, being a 79 model, its the one without all the emissions crap,

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out