October 22, 20169 yr comment_706678 Could anyone tell me if the 3VZFE engine used between 92 – 93 in the US is the same engine used in Australia between 95 – 97 I’m looking at buying a complete rebuild kit the price in Australia is three time more than US including import an exchange rate. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone Or does any one know where I can purchase what I need but not marked up 300% Edited October 22, 20169 yr by Coz Report
October 23, 20169 yr comment_706679 Yip same engine, comes in 4runner, hilux surf i think. 3.0L 16 valve. Report
October 23, 20169 yr comment_706680 Yip same engine, comes in 4runner, hilux surf i think. 3.0L 16 valve. Doubt you'll get a 16V config in a V6 :P Methinks you're referring to the 3VZE 12V SOHC engine in the Hilux etc (FYI the only non-DOHC V6 Toyota have ever done) which is different to the DOHC 3VZFE in the Camry. Report
November 1, 20169 yr comment_706751 As Hiro said above your probably refereing to the 3VZE 12v SOHC. Quiet often they are very similar kits, so toyota might change a gasket or 2 here and there as they release different versions of the motor, but usually if it says 3VZE most of the gaskets will fit a 3VZE. For example on the 5mge engine I rebuilt recently the kit had older intake gaskets so I had to order the later model intake gaskets individually from rockauto in the us, they cost like $4 + shipping. Edited November 1, 20169 yr by ms85er Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now