K40 - K50 Box (Ke70)

KaboomJohn111

I'm wanting to swap my k40 box to a k50 box

I've asked a few times if anything needs to be swapped

I know it is basically a straight swap, But I keep running into the same problem

Some say you need to put in the shifter from the k50 box, others say that the k40 shifter is fine in a k50 box etc. and most forums always end up with the discussion of shifter position betweeen KE20-30's (Forward), KE30-55's (Middle) and KE70 (Rearwards)

All I want is a clear answer, For this swap Do I have to change the shifter or are both interchangeable with one another

Also if the answer is that I have to put the K50 shifter with the K50 box, Please Give me and explanation why the two shifters are not interchangeable

I will in anycase put the k50 box with the K50 shifter since it came with it, But for future reference, and to clear any confusions for anyone (myself included)

Also I plan to find a short throw shifter for mine (because as many would know, the throw is long) Does anyone know who, or where to get one from (preferably brand new)

Members dont see this ad